Thursday, July 30, 2009

#4: Determine What Matters Most To YOU




Still exploring the UNCLUTTERER's list (see previous posts) for creating that remarkable life we all want...


When 7 of our staff members took time out of their busy summer to meet for over 2 hours to hash out ideas for new procedures and routines: .....

When we 7 committed to focused communication, transparency, and COMING TO SCHOOL EARLY ALMOST EVERY DAY OF THE WEEK to facilitate this communication......
When we applauded our colleagues' new COOL IDEA, and gratefully decided to employ it throughout our special ed program, even though it means spreading ourselves a little more thin in some ways.....

Then it's clear we 7 have determined what matters most to us: our students.... and by that I mean not just the students in our own classes, but all the students in our special program.
Teamwork
Kid-focused
Dedication

It's going to be a good year!!!

1 comment:

Vickie said...

Dear Mrs. Ris,

I just found your blog and I'm enjoying your humor and wisdom for teaching special needs students. I'm looking forward to reading more of your blogs from the past school year.

I am currently a kindergarten instructional assistant at a year-round Title 1 school...we are still in session. I am the sole assistant for eight kinder teachers with approximately 250 amazing kinder students. I have one week left, then two weeks off and then back for the new school year.

For the new year, I'll be working with intermediate SEC students. I have a feeling you will be my 'internet resource'.

Thank you for the wonderful blogs. I believe I can learn a lot from you. I'll be checking in with you soon. :)

Sincerely,
Mrs. Vickie Booth